How to get a visa for China in Hong Kong

How to get a visa for China in Hong Kong

When traveling to China, a visa is always required. The easiest option is to apply for a visa in your home country before you leave. But there is an alternative available: you can get your China visa in Hong Kong. This is very handy when you make the decision to visit China while already traveling abroad.

Getting a visa for China is actually very easy in Hong Kong. There are two ways to get your visa: apply yourself at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or have a visa service agent do if for you.

Option 1 : Do it yourself

Go to the “Office of the Commissioner of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.” This is the cheapest option, but expect to wait in line for a while. You’ll have to fill in two forms (A and B) and bring a colored passport photo.


7th Floor, Lower Block, China Resources Building
No.26, Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong SAR

Easiest way to get there is to take the MTR to Wanchai station or take a cab. All cab drivers know this place so if you say “26 Harbour Road China Visa” they will understand.

Office Hours

Monday to Friday (except Hong Kong public holidays,)



Three Day Service

Single Entry Visa HK$150 (USD19)
Double Entry Visa HK$220 (USD28)

Extra Charges

Two Day Service HK$150 (USD19)
24hr Service HK$250 (USD32)

See their website for more info.

Option 2 : Use a visa service agent

You can also apply at one of the many visa agents. Advantages are less waiting in line and you don’t have to fill in the forms yourself. Drop off your passport and pick it up when it’s done. Of course, it’s more expensive.

The one that I found very reliable and fast is Sunrise International Travel.


Room 4008, 40th Floor, China Resources Building No. 26 Harbour Road, Wanchai, H.K. TEL:(852) 2890 9698

FAX:(852) 2895 3892